Exceptional Ruby eBook SKU: 14808
The definitive guide to exceptions and failure handling in Ruby.
Covers topics such as:
* A detailed look at the lifecycle of a Ruby exception.
* Overriding Kernel#raise for fun and profit.
* Alternatives to exceptions, for when "fail fast" isn't the right answer.
* Advanced exception matching in rescue clauses.
* Avoiding failure cascades with the Barricade and Circuit Breaker patterns.
* 5 questions to ask before raising an exception.
* Exception safety testing for critical methods.
* The three exception classes every app or library needs.
* And much, much more... over 100 pages of in-depth information on Ruby exception handling.
Add to Cart